Engine Oil, 5 Quarts, High Performance 15W40 Shell Rotella T Type 4, 1967-91 AMC, Jeep V-8
Unlike other domestic V8's, AMC V8's lubricate the rear of the engine first. This requires high oil pressure to survive and operate properly. That said, it's CRITICAL your AMC V-8 engine is protected!
Vintage engines require high levels of Zinc to prevent premature or excessive cam lobe and internal engine wear. While many disagree on the proper amount, we've consulted with a top petroleum engineer who helped establish the standards by which modern engine oils are tested. He told us you need at least 800 PPM (parts per million) of Zinc and 1,200 PPM of Zinc is ideal.
Adding separate Zinc additives to your oil usually won't bond at the molecular level providing the necessary protection. The ideal oil is Shell Rotella T 15W40! Yes, it's designed for diesel engines but remember, heavy-duty diesel trucks can weigh 80,000 pounds and are designed to go 1,000,000 miles before rebuilding. Their oil has specific additive packs that will ALWAYS provide absolutely the best engine protection. Plus, includes extra detergents help fight engine sludge!
- Complete kit includes 5 quarts of Shell Rotella T 15W40 oil
- Shell Rotella T 15W40 contains the ideal 1200 PPM (parts per million) of Zinc to protect your vintage AMC engine. This is the BEST engine oil on the market to protect ANY vintage engine!
- Fits: All 1967-91 AMC and Jeep w/AMC V-8 (290, 304, 343, 360, 390, or 401)
- Weight: 12 lbs.
- Dimensions: 12.5 x 8 x 3.8 inches
- Country of Origin: Made in the USA