Coil-Over Conversion System, Front, 1980-88 AMC Eagle
- Dramatically improve handling, steering response, and serviceability
- Precision CAD designed to directly bolt in with no cutting or welding
- Includes: CNC precision cut and bent DOM seamless round tube upper & lower control arms, fully adjustable upper control arms – Up to 6-degrees of positive caster, CNC machined ball joint housings with Moog ball joints, Viking coil-over shocks & correct high tensile steel springs, laser-cut and CNC formed brackets, Polyurethane graphite impregnated spring isolators, Grade 8 hardware, gloss black powder coating, foam-in-place packaging, step-by-step-instructions
- Manufactured To Order: Please allow approximately 2-3 weeks for manufacturing plus shipping
Country of Origin: USA
Manufacturer Warranty: 1-Year Limited
- Shipping weight: 65 lbs.
- Shipping box dimensions: 24"x12"x12"
- NOTE: Some drilling may be required.
Like a lot of ’70s and ’80s vehicles, the AMC Eagle had soft front-end control, especially for a raised all-wheel-drive vehicle. The stamped upper and lower control arms with rubber bushings flex a lot, over every bump and around every turn. Our bolt-in front coil-over conversion system for Eagle vehicles adds handling, safety, control and performance by controlling flex, managing spring travel, dampening harsh road and off-road conditions, and correcting some of the factory geometry.
The supplied tubular control arms include a fully adjustable upper control arm, allowing up to 6-degrees of positive caster. The tubular arms are made of seamless DOM steel, laser-cut ball joint plates, and our bushings are custom polygraphite that will not squeak or prematurely wear. The adjustable upper control arm rod ends are forged chromoly with high-strength nylon races, which means they don’t get sloppy. Ball joints are US-made and meet or exceed OEM specs.
This system is a direct bolt-in and does not require any welding or cutting. There are other cobbled-together coil-over conversions in the marketplace, but ours is designed specifically for the Eagle and designed to carry the vehicle load correctly, just as the manufacturer intended. For example, these AMC vehicles were designed to hold the vehicle weight on the upper control arm, and that’s where we keep it.
Want performance, handling, control and safety in a true bolt-in package? With our system, you get it all. Your front coil-over conversion system is complete …nothing else to buy.
|AMC, American Motors, Rambler|
|Eagle 2 & 4 Door