1958-1988 AMC Champion 4-Row Aluminum Radiator - Cools up to 1,200HP
- P/N: MC407
This high efficiency all-aluminum performance AMC radiator will end your cooling problems at a fraction of the weight & cost of brass copper radiators! This puts more money in your pocket. Each radiator includes a 16 lb radiator cap, a brass petcock valve, a transmission oil cooler, and an industry leading limited lifetime manufacturer warranty.
- 4-row design supports up to 1,200 horsepower
- 40% better cooling than copper brass radiators
- 50-75% lighter than copper brass radiators
- Down flow style w/ high efficiency 14-16 louvered fins per inch
- 100% all aluminum tanks, fittings, & billet fill neck, 100% TIG welded seams, brazed core, & no epoxy or sealers
- Includes: 16 Lb. radiator cap, brass petcock valve & automatic transmission cooler
- Core dimensions (H x W): 15 7/8" x 24 1/8"
- Overall dimensions (H x W): 23 1/4" x 27 1/4"
- Tank thickness: 3.125"
- Core thickness: 2.75"
- Hose locations: Passenger - In / Driver - Out
- Hose fittings: 1 1/2" in / 1 1/2" out
- Trans cooler: 1/2-20 straight thread, G 1/4
- Mounting type: Bracket mount
- Manufacturer warranty: Limited Lifetime
- Ambassador - 1958-1974
- AMX - 1968-1970
- Concord - 1980-1983
- Eagle - 1980-1988
- Javelin/Javelin AMX - 1968-1974
- Matador - 1971-1978
- Spirit - 1979-1983
Installation Notes: Approximate installation time is 4-5 hours (experienced mechanic times listed, yours may take longer). Professional installation recommended. Overflow hose routes on passenger side. Longer hose & custom routing required if using an overflow tank. Drilling of radiator core support required. Factory fan shroud may not work without drilling & custom foam sealing radiator to fan shroud...Champion aluminum dual fan shroud recommended (P/N FS407). 3 & 4 core versions may not clear aftermarket clutch fans, aftermarket Sanden A/C compressors, & aftermarket serpentine drive systems. These applications may require using dual electric cooling fans & fan shroud.