Radiator, Aluminum 2-Row, 1970-77 AMC Hornet, 1970-78 Gremlin
- P/N: AMC-EC403
This high-efficiency all-aluminum performance AMC radiator will end your cooling problems at a fraction of the weight & cost of brass copper radiators! This puts more money in your pocket. Each radiator includes a 16 lb radiator cap, a brass petcock valve, a transmission oil cooler, and an industry-leading limited lifetime manufacturer warranty.
- The 2-row design supports up to 600 horsepower
- 40% better cooling than copper-brass radiators
- 50-75% lighter than copper-brass radiators
- Downflow style w/ high efficiency 14-16 louvered fins per inch
- 100% all-aluminum tanks, fittings, & billet fill neck, 100% TIG welded seams, brazed core, & no epoxy or sealers
- Includes: brass petcock valve & automatic transmission cooler
- Core dimensions (H x W): 16 x 24 3/8"
- Overall dimensions (H x W): 22 1/8" x 27 1/4"
- Tank thickness: 2.25"
- Core thickness: 2"
- Hose locations: Passenger - In / Driver - Out
- Hose fittings: 1 1/2" in / 1 1/2" out
- Trans cooler: 1/2-20 straight thread, G 1/4
- Mounting type: Bracket mount
- Shipping Dimensions: 34x29x9
- Shipping Weight: 27 lbs.
- Manufacturer Warranty: Limited Lifetime
|AMC, American Motors, Rambler|
Installation Notes: Approximate installation time is 4-5 hours (experienced mechanic times listed, yours may take longer). Professional installation recommended. Overflow hose routes on the passenger side. Longer hose & custom routing required if using an overflow tank. Drilling of radiator core support required. Factory fan shroud may not work without drilling & custom foam sealing radiator to fan shroud...our aluminum dual fan shroud recommended (P/N AMC-FS407). 3 & 4 core versions may not clear aftermarket clutch fans, aftermarket Sanden A/C compressors, & aftermarket serpentine drive systems. These applications may require using dual electric cooling fans & fan shroud.