Transmission Pan Kit, 727 Torque Command, Finned Satin Aluminum, 1972-88 AMC, Jeep
This 14 bolt deep pan is designed this pan to work with a variety of vehicles with AMC 727 Torque Command transmission. It has 2 quarts of added capacity and fins for cooling. This pan is only one inch deeper than the stock pan to maintain clearance on most vehicles. Dimensions are provided and you should always check your vehicle for clearance before ordering a deeper transmission pan.
Filter and Gasket:
The pan was designed to work with the stock filter and gasket. A filter extension is not needed. This pan is one inch deeper than stock and there is plenty of mixing of fluid due to vehicle movement as well as the fluid being sucked into the filter and returned from the oil cooler to prevent a stagnant layer at the bottom. The filter and oil level are at the same location with this pan and the stock pan.
The drain is on the driver's side of the vehicle shown at right. A magnetic drain plug and all mounting bolts are included with the pan.
A hole for a temperature sending unit can optionally be machined also on the driver's side a few inches toward the rear of the vehicle from the drain plug.
- 7-quart oil capacity is 2 more than factory stock for cooler temperatures
- Sand-cast aluminum with raised fins
- 3/16-inch thick wall construction to add strength to the transmission case
- 3/8-inch thick gasket flange will not bend when bolts are tightened
- Machined gasket surface for a secure seal
- Boss cast into pan can be machined for a temperature sensor
- Drain hole and magnetic drain plug for easier, less messy maintenance
- Chemically sealed to resist corrosion
- Complete Kit Includes:
- (1) P/N TP-ASM-9393-AC - Satin Finned Cast Aluminum Torque Command 727 Transmission Pan w/Magnetic Drain Plug
- (1) P/N TF-727G - Torque Command 727 Transmission Pan Gasket
- (7) P/N 30504 - Redline Synthetic Transmission Fluid
- (1) P/N AMC8280 - Black RTV Gasket Maker
- (14) P/N 304TF72714 - Stainless Torque Command 727 Transmission Pan Bolts
- Shipping Dimensions: 17 x 6 x 14 inches
- Shipping Weight: 15 lbs.
- Country Of Origin: USA
- Manufacturer Warranty: Limited Lifetime
|AMC, American Motors, Rambler|