1970-1983 AMC Prothane Total Suspension Bushing Kit
- P/N 1-2011-BL - Black
- Improves handling & reduces "spongy ride"
- Impervious to gas and oil
- Will not rot or deteriorate
- Available in black
- Made in the USA
- Limited lifetime manufacturer warranty
- Kit box dimensions: 18 x 6.8 x 12 inches
- Kit box weight: 9.15 lbs.
|AMC, American Motors, Rambler|
- 4 of Upper Control Arm Bushings - 64229
- 2 of Lower Control Arm Bushings - 64227
- 2 of Lower Control Arm Thrust Washers - 64228
- 2 of Metal Sleeves - 60818 (7/8 X 2.050 inches)
- 4 of Metal Sleeves - 60819 (3/4 X 1.980 inches)
- 3 of Super Grease - 19-1750-001
- 4 of Front Strut Rod Bushings - 60135
- 2 of Metal Sleeves - 60755 - (7/8 X .083 X 2.300 inches)
- 4 of Super Grease - 19-1750-001
- 2 of Metal Sleeves - 60831 (3/4 X .083 X 3.120 inches)
- 4 of Front Spring Eye Bushings - 61148
- 4 of Rear Spring Eye Bushings - 61150
- 4 of Shackle Frame Bushings - 61151
- 2 of Front Sway Sway Bar Bushings - 62216
- 1 of Super Grease - 19-1750-001
- 2 of Sway Bar Bushings - 62217
- 1 of Super Grease - 19-1750-001
- 8 of Endlink Bushings - 60353
- 8 of Flat Washers
- 2 of Metal Sleeves - 60520 (9/16 X .083 X 2.625 inches) (3/8MIN ID)
- 2 of Hex Bolts - 1137 (3/8-16 X 7 inches)
- 2 of Nylon Lock Nuts
- 2 of Front Upper Spring Coil Isolators - 60604
- 2 of Front Upper Control Arm Bump Stops - 67021
- 2 of Flat Washers - 41 (3/8 inch)
- 2 of Nylon Lock Nuts - 1125 (3/8-16 inch)
Production vehicles are built using rubber bushings in control arms, strut arms, leaf springs, body mounts, motor mounts, transmission mounts, sway bars and shocks. Additionally, rubber components can be found as coil spring pads, leaf spring pads and suspension bump stops. While rubber components offer a soft side, for typical driving conditions, they tend to deteriorate rapidly from exposure to the elements. This contributes to premature component failure, resulting in a “spongy” ride and loss of performance handling. Urethane is impervious to gas and oil and will not rot and is stronger than rubber.
Improved Handling and Performance
Due to the firmness of our specially formulated urethane, vehicle owners that have upgraded to PROTHANE Total Kits and Components have experienced better handling, cornering and a firmer suspension feel. PROTHANE a “must” upgrade for High-Performance vehicles where improved performance and durability are desired.
Installation Made Easy
PROTHANE products are made to exact specifications and are direct replacements for original rubber bushings and components. No special tools are required, standard tools and equipment replace factory units.
PROTHANE Products are cast in RED and BLACK urethane. The Hardness/Durometer are identical for both colors is the same and there is no difference in performance. Color is a matter of preference. All part numbers are RED urethane products. Part numbers followed by BL indicate black urethane.
PROTHANE™ has a complete shell program for most popular applications. Many of our control arm bushing kits come complete with new shells. However, in some applications, the original metal shells will need to be reused.
PROTHANE Super Grease™ eliminates squeaking that may occur if not applied. Super Grease™ contains versatile waterproof, non-melting Teflon® specially formulated for urethane to seal out water and lubricate under the most adverse conditions. It provides superior adhering and extreme pressure qualities for optimum no- squeak performance. All kits come complete with instructions and an ample supply of PROTHANE Super Grease™