1969-79 AMC Wilwood Rear Disc Brake Kit w/Solid Rotors & Forged Dynapro Calipers - (Two Caliper Colors)
- P/N: 140-11941 - Black Calipers
- P/N: 140-11941-R - Red Calipers
Forged Dynapro Low-Profile Pro-Series rear disc brake kits provide a complete solution for popular muscle car rear axles on applications that require a parking brake assembly and extra clearance for 14.00” to 15.00” rim applications. Forged billet Dynapro Low-Profile four-piston calipers 11.00” one-piece hat and rotor assemblies, and high friction pads provide optimized and balanced braking for all types of custom performance street/strip and show machines. The neatly hidden internal shoe system provides a clean installation with superior static holding power for parking. Optional caliper finishes and rotor designs enable the builder to personalize the style and optimize brake performance for every individual application. NOTE: Brake lines not included...requires separate purchase
- Major Benefits: Complete Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit, Saves Up To 35 lbs., Shorter Stopping Distances, Fade-Free Braking Performance, Exact Fit For Your AMC
- Position: Rear
- Rear Rotor Included: Yes
- Rear Rotor Style: Solid surface, Dynamically Balanced
- Rear Rotor Construction: Vented
- Rear Rotor Diameter: 11.00 in./279.40mm
- Rear Rotor Thickness (in): 0.810 in.
- Rear Caliper Included: Yes
- Rear Caliper Piston Quantity: Four
- Rear Caliper Material: Forged billet aluminum
- Rear Caliper Finish: Black anodized or red powder coated
- Minimum Recommended Wheel Diameter (in): 15 in.
- Offset (in): 2.660 in.
- Master Cylinder Included: No
- Brake Booster Included: No
- Brake Hoses Included: No
- Quantity: Sold as a kit
- Warranty: None
- Country Of Origin: USA
NOTE: Bedding-in new pads and rotors should be done carefully and slowly. Rapid heat build up in the brake system can lead to warped rotors and or glazed brake pads. Most brake pad compounds will take up to 300-400 miles to fully develop an even transfer film on the rotors. After installing new pads make 6 to 10 stops from approximately 35 mph with moderate pressure. Make an additional two to three hard stops from approximately 40 to 45 mph. Do not allow the vehicle to come to a complete stop.When completed with this process, park the vehicle and allow the brakes to cool completely before driving on them again. Do not engage the parking brake until after this cooling process is complete.
|AMC, American Motors, Rambler|
|Ambassador w/Kelsey Hayes Calipers||1974|
|Gremlin w/Kelsey Hayes Calipers||1974-1978|
|Hornet w/Kelsey Hayes Calipers||1974-1977|
|Javelin w/Kelsey Hayes Calipers||1974|
|Javelin AMX w/Kelsey Hayes Calipers||1974|
|Matador w/Kelsey Hayes Calipers||1974-1978|
|Pacer w/Kelsey Hayes Calipers||1975-1979|