1967-1969 AMC Prothane Front Control Arm Bushing Kit
- P/N 1-206-BL - Black
- Improves handling, the effectiveness of OEM control arms while reducing noise, & reduces "spongy ride"
- Impervious to gas and oil
- Will not rot or deteriorate
- Available in black
- Made in the USA
- Limited lifetime manufacturer warranty
- Kit Box Weight: 1.7 pounds
- Kit Box Dimensions: 14.5 x 6 x 5.5 inches
|AMC, American Motors, Rambler|
- Kit includes
- 4 of Upper Control Arm Bushings - 64229
- 2 of Lower Control Arm Bushings - 64227
- 2 of Lower Control Arm Thrust Washers - 64228
- 2 of Metal Sleeves - 60818 (7/8 X .156 X 2.050 inches)
- 4 of Metal Sleeves - 60819 (3/4 X .120 X 1.980 inches)
- 3 of Super Grease - 19-1750-001
Production vehicles are built using rubber bushings in control arms, strut arms, leaf springs, body mounts, motor mounts, transmission mounts, sway bars and shocks. Additionally, rubber components can be found as coil spring pads, leaf spring pads and suspension bump stops. While rubber components offer a soft side, for typical driving conditions, they tend to deteriorate rapidly from exposure to the elements. This contributes to premature component failure, resulting in a “spongy” ride and loss of performance handling. Urethane is impervious to gas and oil and will not rot and is stronger than rubber.
Improved Handling and Performance
Due to the firmness of our specially formulated urethane, vehicle owners that have upgraded to PROTHANE Total Kits and Components have experienced better handling, cornering and a firmer suspension feel. PROTHANE a “must” upgrade for High-Performance vehicles where improved performance and durability are desired.
Installation Made Easy
PROTHANE products are made to exact specifications and are direct replacements for original rubber bushings and components. No special tools are required, standard tools and equipment replace factory units.
PROTHANE™ has a complete shell program for most popular applications. Many of our control arm bushing kits come complete with new shells. However, in some applications, the original metal shells will need to be reused.
PROTHANE Super Grease™ eliminates squeaking that may occur if not applied. Super Grease™ contains versatile waterproof, non-melting Teflon® specially formulated for urethane to seal out water and lubricate under the most adverse conditions. It provides superior adhering and extreme pressure qualities for optimum no- squeak performance. All kits come complete with instructions and an ample supply of PROTHANE Super Grease™