AMC V-8 Performance Engine Oil Change Kit
American Performance offers this convenient kit to ensure your AMC engine is protected! Unlike other domestic V8's, AMC V8's lubricate the rear of the engine first. This requires high oil pressure to survive and operate properly. That said, it' CRITICAL your AMC V-8 engine is protected!
Vintage engines require high levels of Zinc to prevent premature or excessive cam lobe and internal engine wear. While many disagree on the proper amount, we've consulted with a top petroleum engineer who helped establish the standards by which modern engine oils are tested. He told us you need at least 800 PPM (parts per million) of Zinc and 1,200 PPM of Zinc is ideal. Adding separate Zinc additives to your oil usually won't bond at the molecular level providing the necessary protection. The ideal oil is Shell Rotella T 15W40! Yes, it's designed for diesel engines but the extra detergents help fight engine sludge. And, it's got the proper 1,200 PPM of Zinc!
While off the shelf engine oil filters work well, the K&N Gold wrench off series protects down to 10 microns. Even better, this oil filter makes it easy to remove as you can use an open end wrench already in your tool box.
Lastly, we include a stainless steel magnetic engine oil drain plug. This one contains a super strong magnet...far stronger than other designs. And it includes a high quality washer to prevent leaks. Add it all up, and our kit can not only prolong your engine but might literally save it! And what's your engine worth to you? We feel an ounce of prevention is better than a cure!
- Complete kit includes 6 quarts of Shell Rotella T 15W40 oil, K&N wrench off oil filter, and powerful stainless steel magnetic engine oil drain plug
- Shell Rotella T 15W40 contains the ideal 1200 PPM (parts per million) of Zinc to protect your vintage AMC engine. This is the BEST engine oil on the market to protect ANY vintage engine!
- K&N wrench off oil filter protects down to 10 microns and wrench off design allows for easy removal using a 1" open end wrench
- Strong stainless steel magnetic drain plug replaces your factory drain plug and protects against harmful particles from circulating in your engine causing potential damage and failure
- Weight: 12 lbs.
- Dimensions: 12.5 x 8 x 3.8 inches
- Made in the USA