1969-1979 AMC Wilwood Forged Dynalite Pro Series Front Disc Brake Kit - Drilled & Slotted Rotors - For Factory Disc Brakes (Two Variations)
- P/N: 140-11940-D - Drilled & Slotted Black
- P/N: 140-11940-DR - Drilled & Slotted Red
FDL Pro-Series Front Hub Kits offer complete disc brake upgrade solutions for OEM disc brake spindle applications for the popular AMC Passenger vehicles originally equipped with Kelsey-Hayes calipers. Based on the venerable forged billet Dynalite caliper and 11.00” x .81 rotors, these versatile kits are easily optioned to suit the braking requirements and style preferences for a daily driver, serious competition, or the most discriminating show enthusiast. This kit requires no modifications for installation and provides plenty of clearance inside most popular 15” wheels. This kit will also work with aftermarket 14” disc brake steel wheels available from other vendors. FDL Pro-Series kits can be used with either manual or power boost master cylinders.
- Major Benefits: Saves Up To 35 lbs., Shorter Stopping Distances, Fade-Free Braking Performance, Exact Fit For Your AMC
- Position: Front
- Front Rotor Included: Yes
- Front Rotor Style: Solid surface, Dynamically Balanced
- Front Rotor Construction: Vented, Drilled & Slotted
- Front Rotor Diameter: 11.00 in./279.40mm
- Front Rotor Thickness (in): 0.810 in.
- Front Caliper Included: Yes
- Front Caliper Piston Quantity: Four
- Front Caliper Material: Forged billet aluminum
- Front Caliper Finish: Black anodized or red powder coated
- Minimum Recommended Wheel Diameter (in): 15 in.
- Front Spindles Included: No
- Master Cylinder Included: No
- Brake Booster Included: No
- Brake Hoses Included: No
- Quantity: Sold as a kit
- Warranty: None
- Country Of Origin: USA
NOTE: Bedding-in new pads and rotors should be done carefully and slowly. Rapid heat build up in the brake system can lead to warped rotors and or glazed brake pads. Most brake pad compounds will take up to 300-400 miles to fully develop an even transfer film on the rotors. After installing new pads make 6 to 10 stops from approximately 35 mph with moderate pressure. Make an additional two to three hard stops from approximately 40 to 45 mph. Do not allow the vehicle to come to a complete stop.When completed with this process, park the vehicle and allow the brakes to cool completely before driving on them again. Do not engage the parking brake until after this cooling process is complete.
|AMC, American Motors, Rambler|
|Ambassador w/Kelsey Hayes Calipers||1974|
|Gremlin w/Kelsey Hayes Calipers||1974-1978|
|Hornet w/Kelsey Hayes Calipers||1974-1977|
|Javelin w/Kelsey Hayes Calipers||1974|
|Javelin AMX w/Kelsey Hayes Calipers||1974|
|Matador w/Kelsey Hayes Calipers||1974-1978|
|Pacer w/Kelsey Hayes Calipers||1975-1979|