1965-1988 AMC/Jeep Model 20 Aluminum Differential Cover Kit (3 Finishes)
This AMC Model 20 differential cover features a drain hole, fins and aluminum construction. The fins, aluminum construction and extra capacity dissipate heat. The fins have the traditional straight fin design. This cover also features thick walls and gasket flanges to add strength to the differential housing and to provide a uniform clamping force on the gasket surface for a secure seal. Aluminum is a great material for heat dissipation but not for rock crawling. Cast iron and steel are much stronger and protective.
Because these vehicles receive modifications and reworking, check that this cover will fit the current differential and there is clearance for a larger cover. On some CJs, the gas tank is very close to the stock cover, leaving no room for a heavy duty aftermarket differential cover.
On the vehicles this cover was designed for there is a plug on the driveshaft side of the differential where filling and level check is done.
- Increased oil capacity .5 quart over stock for cooler temperatures
- Sand-cast aircraft quality aluminum with raised fins
- Thick wall construction to add strength to differential housing
- Thick gasket flange will not bend when bolts are tightened
- Machined gasket surface for a secure seal using RTV or factory reusable gasket
- Oil changes without removing the cover
- Chemically sealed to resist corrosion
- Includes: All hardware including magnetic drain plug
- Country Of Origin: USA
- Installation Instructions Using RTV
|AMC, American Motors, Rambler|
|Jeep CJ5 Rear||1976-1985|
|Jeep CJ7 Rear||1976-1985|
|Jeep Wagoneer Rear||1981-1984|