1968-1979 AMC V8 Hedman 1 5/8" Full Length Dog Leg Port Ceramic Headers
They Are About More Than Just Looking Good. Hedman's HTC Ceramic-Metallic Coating looks great, but there is more to this coating than its good looks. Without it, uncoated hedders don't stand a chance against the intense temperatures of your vehicle's engine compartment, or the corrosive elements found on the road every day. Bonded to the hedder with a strength factor exceeding 10,000 PSI, Hedman's HTC coating will not flake, chip or peel like Chrome, or cheaper products. HTC insulates the hedder tubes, keeping temperatures in the tubes higher for a faster exhaust flow, and reduced under hood temperatures. Hedman started the coated hedder trend in the 70's, and has perfected the process. Hedman guarantees these hedders against external rust-through for a full five years.
- TUBE DIAMETER: 1-5/8"
- TUBE STYLE: Long Tube
- COLLECTOR STYLE: Ball and Socket Style (Gasketless)
- AIR CONDITIONING: Yes
- AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION - COLUMN: Yes
- AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION - FLOOR: Yes
- MANUAL TRANSMISSION - FLOOR: Yes
- COLLECTOR ATTACHMENT: 3"
- COLLECTOR SIZE: 3"
- INCLUDES: One pair of headers, head flange gaskets, collector flange gaskets (when applicable), 3-bolt exhaust adapters, mounting hardware
- E.O. # No
- EMISSIONS NOTES NOT LEGAL FOR STREET USE ON '76-LATER MODEL YEARS! Legal for off-road use only.
- EXHAUST SYSTEM DIA 2-1/2"
- FINISH HTC Polished Silver Ceramic-Metallic
- FLANGE STYLE Standard
- FLANGE THICKNESS 0.25"
- HEAD FLANGE GASKET 27850
- HEADER PORT SHAPE Dog Leg
- HEADER STYLE Long Tube
- NOTES 68-80 Various AMC Cars 290-401
- PORT SHAPE Dog Leg
- POWER STEERING Yes
- MATERIAL Mild Steel
- TUBE LENGTH LONG Tubes
- TUBE MATERIAL THICKNESS 18g
- TUBE SIZE 1-5/8"
- VARIATIONS 98310
- WITH A.I.R. SYSTEM No
- WITH EGR No
- WELD-UP No
- REDUCER OUTLET SIZE 2-1/2"
- TUNED NO
- REDUCERS INCLUDED Yes
- GASKET OR SEAL INCLUDED Yes
- INSTALLATION HARDWARE INCLUDED Yes
- MOUNTING HARDWARE INCLUDED Yes
- COLLECTOR BOLTS INCLUDED Yes
- CROSSOVER PIPE INCLUDED NO
- Y-PIPE INCLUDED No
- CATALYTIC CONVERTER(S) INCLUDED No
- QUANTITY: Sold as a pair.
- PRIMARY TUBE GAUGE 18g
- PRIMARY TUBE DIAMETER (IN) 1.625"
- PACKAGE CONTENTS One pair of headers, head flange gaskets, collector flange gaskets (when applicable), 3-bolt exhaust adapters, mounting hardware
- HEADER MATERIAL Mild Steel
- HEADER FINISH HTC Polished Silver Ceramic-Metallic
- GASKET # 27850
- CYLINDER HEAD PORT SHAPE Dog Leg
- CYLINDER HEAD Stock Profile Heads
- HEADER CONSTRUCTION Standard-Duty
- WEIGHTS 27 LBS.
- SHIPPING DIMENSIONS: 39 x 16.5 x 8.2 inches
- WARRANTY: Limited Lifetime Manufacturer's Warranty on headers, 5-year limited manufacturer warranty on ceramic finish
C - For 1964-74 vehicles without A.I.R. systems, are considered as O.E.M. replacement parts when existing emission controls are not removed from the vehicle.
1 - Without smog injection or injection heads.
6 - Modification to stock exhaust required to retain catalytic converter.
30 - Dog leg port only.
45 - Not legal for sale or use in California on pollution-controlled motor vehicles.
200 - For those vehicles intended for highway use, change the last digit of the part number to 1. (Example: Change part HED-98310 to HED-98311. These headers are CARB approved.)
NOTE: Professional installation by performance exhaust shop highly recommended. High temp silicone spark plug wires recommended. Recommended for stock ride height only...requires caution when approaching speed bumps and steep driveways.
|AMC, American Motors, Rambler|