1968-1974 AMC V8 Doug's 1 3/4" Full Length Dog Leg Port Ceramic Headers
Every Doug’s header is tuned with the proper tube size and length to efficiently remove all the exhaust from each cylinder, reducing pumping losses resulting in a dramatic increases in horsepower and torque. Doug’s headers are carefully developed on the vehicles they are intended to fit and are re-checked numerous times during the design and manufacturing process.
A properly machined and finished header flange eliminates annoying exhaust leaks which lead to horsepower loss. Doug’s headers utilize 3/8” flanges and 16 gauge tubing. Doug’s headers are built in heavy duty jig fixtures which eliminate heat distortion and movement of the individual header tubes. Each header is welded using cyclical welding techniques which reduces tube distortion.
Metallic Ceramic Thermal Barrier Coating (MCTBC) is simply the best header finish on the market and comes standard on all Doug’s headers. MCTBC protects and extends the life of headers by creating a thermal barrier that significantly lowers underhood temperatures and protects the substrate metal from thermal fatigue. After MCTBC is applied, it is polished with a vibratory finishing process that produces a high luster aluminum appearance. This coating is easy to maintain and will last for years under normal operating conditions. The polishing process compresses and activates the coating, which increases the surface hardness to produce a finish that is 60% more corrosion resistant than an unpolished surface.
Every Doug’s header comes with all the necessary mounting hardware, collector reducers or connector pipes, premium gaskets and detailed installation instruction sheets. Our extra thick gaskets are rated up to 1100ºF, pressures to 3700 psig (255 bar), and are designed for an exact port match with Doug’s headers. We do not recommend the use of other aftermarket gaskets.
- 3/8" Thick machined flanges... no warping
- CNC mandrel bent tubes... accurate fit & better flow
- Precision formed long transition collectors and long tube design... reduces backpressure and increases higher RPM horsepower
- Heavy 16 gauge tubing... longer life
- Tubes are pre-polished to remove scratches and the header is finished with a Metallic Ceramic Thermal Barrier Coating polished to a high luster appearance offering corrosion and heat resistance up to 1400 degrees
- Header Style: Full-length
- Header Material: Steel
- Header Finish: Silver ceramic coated
- Weld-Up: No
- Primary Tube Diameter (in): 1 3/4 in.
- Flange Style: Standard
- Collector Attachment: 3-bolt flange
- Collector Diameter: 3.000 in.
- Collector Reducers Included: Yes
- Collector Reducer Exit Diameter: 2.500 in.
- Cylinder Head Port Shape: Dog leg
- Tuned: No
- Primary Tube Gauge: 16-gauge
- Flange Thickness (in): 3/8 in.
- Bolts/Studs Included: Yes
- Gaskets Included: Yes
- Crossover Pipe Included: No
- Box Dimensions: 38" x 20" x 10"
- Country of Origin: USA
- Warranty: 1-year limited
NOTE: Vehicles with A/C, power steering, power brakes, or manual transmission may require modifications for proper fitment. Professional installation by performance exhaust shop highly recommended. High temp silicone spark plug wires recommended. Recommended for stock ride height only...requires caution when approaching speed bumps and steep driveways.
|AMC, American Motors, Rambler|