1965-1988 AMC/Jeep Model 20 Black Powder Coated Finned Aluminum Differential Cover Kit
This AMC Model 20 differential cover features a drain hole, fins and aluminum construction. The fins, aluminum construction and extra capacity dissipate heat. The fins have the traditional straight fin design. This cover also features thick walls and gasket flanges to add strength to the differential housing and to provide a uniform clamping force on the gasket surface for a secure seal. Aluminum is a great material for heat dissipation but not for rock crawling. Cast iron and steel are much stronger and protective.
Because these vehicles receive modifications and reworking, check that this cover will fit the current differential and there is clearance for a larger cover. On some CJs, the gas tank is very close to the stock cover, leaving no room for a heavy-duty aftermarket differential cover.
On the vehicles this cover was designed for there is a magnetic drain plug on the driveshaft side of the differential where filling and level check is done.
- Complete kit gives you everything you need to change your differential cover
- Increased oil capacity .5 quart over stock for cooler temperatures
- Sand-cast aircraft quality aluminum with raised fins
- Thick wall construction to add strength to the differential housing
- Thick gasket flange will not bend when bolts are tightened
- Machined gasket surface for a secure seal using RTV or factory reusable gasket
- Oil changes without removing the cover
- Chemically sealed to resist corrosion
- Complete Kit Includes:
- (1) P/N DC-ASM-5048-B - Powder Coated Black Finned Cast Aluminum Model 20 AMC Differential Cover w/Magnetic Drain Plug
- (1) P/N 317-3089 - Model 20 AMC Differential Cover Gasket
- (2) P/N 57904 - Redline Synthetic 75W90 Gear Oil
- (1) P/N 80301 - Redline Synthetic Limited Slip Additive
- (1) P/N AMC8280 - Black RTV Gasket Maker
- (12) P/N 304M212 - Stainless Model 20 AMC Differential Cover Bolts
- Country Of Origin: USA
- Shipping Weight: 13.9 lbs.
- Shipping Dimensions: 13"x12"x6"
- Installation Instructions Using RTV
|AMC, American Motors, Rambler|
|Jeep CJ5 Rear||1976-1985|
|Jeep CJ7 Rear||1976-1985|
|Jeep Wagoneer Rear||1981-1984|