1972-1988 AMC/Jeep Torque Command Aluminum Transmission Pan (3 Finishes)
This 14 bolt deep pan is designed this pan to work with a variety of vehicles with AMC 727 Torque Command transmission. It has 2 quarts of dded capacity and fins for cooling. This pan is only one inch deeper than the stock pan to maintain clearance on most vehicles. Dimensions are provided and you should always check your vehicle for clearance before ordering a deeper transmission pan.
Filter and Gasket:
The pan was designed to work with the stock filter and gasket. A filter extension is not needed. This pan is one inch deeper than stock and there is plenty of mixing of fluid due to vehicle movement as well as the fluid being sucked into the filter and returned from the oil cooler to prevent a stagnant layer at the bottom. The filter and oil level are at the same location with this pan and the stock pan.
The drain is on the driver's side of the vehicle shown at right. A magnetic drain plug and all mounting bolts are included with the pan.
A hole for a temperature sending unit can optionally be machined also on the driver's side a few inches toward the rear of the vehicle from the drain plug.
- Increased 2 quart oil capacity for cooler temperatures
- Sand-cast aluminum with raised fins
- 3/16-inch thick wall construction to add strength to the transmission case
- 3/8-inch thick gasket flange will not bend when bolts are tightened
- Machined gasket surface for a secure seal
- Boss cast into pan can be machined for a temperature sensor
- Drain hole and magnetic drain plug for easier, less messy maintenance
- Chemically sealed to resist corrosion
- Includes: All hardware including magnetic drain plug
- Country Of Origin: USA
- Ambassador - 1972-1974
- Concord - 1980-1983
- Eagle - 1980-1988
- Gremlin - 1972-1978
- Hornet - 1972-1977
- Javelin/Javelin AMX - 1972-1974
- Jeep CJ 5 - 1976 to 1985
- Jeep CJ 7 - 1976 to 1985
- Jeep Truck - 1981 to 1984
- Jeep Wagoneer - 1981 to 1984
- Matador - 1972-1978
- Pacer - 1975-1979
- Spirit - 1979-1983