Power Steering Gearbox, 12.7:1 Fast Ratio Conversion, 1964-88 Rambler, AMC (Except Jeep & Pacer) - Rebuild & Return Service Only
- Stock appearance AND makes driving even more fun
- Immediately improves your steering response during cornering, changing lanes, or parking
- Professional USA in-house conversion using USA sourced components, quality inspected, and tested prior to shipping.
- Show Quality Detailing - Housing is stripped to bare metal, primed and painted in automotive "cast" replication paint. External aluminum and steel components are glass bead blasted and clear coated. Date coded is confirmed for the vehicle or re-stamped to match
Manufacturer Warranty: Limited Lifetime
- NOTE: Requires your rebuildable steering gearbox. Inspect your ball joints, idler arm, pitman arm, steering coupler (rag joint) for wear and replace as needed. Components that are loose or have a lot of play (i.e., side to side or up and down) should be replaced. Also, inspect your power steering hoses & power steering pump for leaks and replace if worn or leaking. Please allow approximately 2-3-weeks for conversion plus shipping. Not for Pacer, Jeep, or manual steering applications.
HOW THE CONVERSION WORKS:
- Your original steering gearbox is cleaned and inspected for external damage and physical function.
- Then, it is disassembled, all components are detergent washed and inspected.
- Shafts are reconditioned and polished or replaced.
- Housings are honed or sleeved as required.
- All parts are solvent cleaned as a last step prior to assembly.
- The unit is reassembled with new OEM (original equipment manufacturer) seals, Teflon rings, O-rings, bearings and other parts as needed.
- All settings and adjustments are set to factory specifications.
- Final testing is performed for function, pressure and leaks.
- The unit is taken down to bare metal and each external component are finished prior to assembly. Primer is applied to the bare housing then sprayed with “cast” paint for a maintenance-free finish. Other exterior components are taken to bare metal and sealed with a clear coat to replicate the way they left the factory.
INSTALLATION RECOMMENDATIONS: Re-align front-end after installation. Inspect your ball joints, idler arm, pitman arm, steering coupler (rag joint) for wear and replace as needed. Bleed your power steering system.
Most pitman shafts are indexed with 4 large spline gaps. When the spline gaps line up with the axis of the steering box, its on center. If they aren't lined up, it's not on center.
Furthermore, when at center the flat on the input shaft will be at top-dead-center. If there is a rag joint attached, the rag joint's pinch bolt will be at top-dead-center. See photos for examples. The input shaft alone doesn't tell you if you're at center, i.e. if its a 4 turn lock-to-lock gearbox it will be at top-dead-center in 4 places.
Drain All Power Steering Fluid: Please note: leaking oil during shipment can result in delays.
Gearboxes: Remove oil from the power gearbox by turning the input (small) shaft many times with a vice-grip. Cover the hose connections with a rag to avoid splatter.)
Packaging / Shipping: Bag your gearbox in a heavy plastic bag and seal it. Then, wrap completely in bubble wrap. Place inside a heavy-duty double wall cardboard box with tightly nestled packing material (please do NOT use peanuts for packing material). Then, place this box inside of a slightly larger cardboard box (we call this box in a box packaging). Ship your gearbox fully insured to the address we provide you after your purchase.
- Return the unit to the customer
- Customer can supply another core
- Supply the customer with a rebuildable core or core component for an additional charge.
|AMC, American Motors, Rambler|
|Ambassador w/Saginaw Power Steering Only||1967-1969|
|American w/Saginaw Power Steering Only||1964-1969|
|AMX w/Saginaw Power Steering Only||1968-1970|
|Classic w/Saginaw Power Steering Only||1961-1966|
|Concord w/Saginaw Power Steering Only||1978-1983|
|Eagle w/Saginaw Power Steering Only||1980-1988|
|Gremlin w/Saginaw Power Steering Only||1970-1978|
|Hornet w/Saginaw Power Steering Only||1970-1977|
|Javelin w/Saginaw Power Steering Only||1968-1974|
|Javelin AMX w/Saginaw Power Steering Only||1971-1974|
|Marlin w/Saginaw Power Steering Only||1965-1967|
|Matador w/Saginaw Power Steering Only||1971-1978|
|Rebel w/Saginaw Power Steering Only||1966-1970|
|Spirit w/Saginaw Power Steering Only||1979-1983|